Friday, May 01, 2009

Seems as if City Council may still be handing out bonuses

It appears the city council passed another temporary bump in employees pay this week:

0609 - Order for the appointment of temporary employees Bernadette Lally, Seth Andrea McCoy, Thomas M. McDonough, Thomas Francis and Samuel S. Conti in City Council effective May 2, 2009.

0610 - Order for the appointment of temporary employees Bernadette Lally, Seth Andrea McCoy, Thomas M. McDonough, Thomas Francis and Samuel S. Conti in City Council effective May 9, 2009.



What they typically do is double people's salaries for one week, in this case from May 2 to May 9, then they revert to the old salaries. I only briefly was emailed this so haven't had time to look into it. I called Mike Ross's office to ask where it was available online to see what the salaries were for the employees for the two different time periods. Since the City Council is so transparent now, it should be easy to find online what the salaries of these people that were just hired by the City Council is. The intern in Mike's office agreed that citizens should be able to see those salaries.

I look forward to getting that information. If someone can find it on the city of boston website, please let me know.

thanks!

UPDATE-Reuben Kantor from Mike Ross's office offers the following links showing the salary adjustments for one week only in Councilor Murphy's office:

Reuben provided the following links: One is the May 2 to May 8 pay for the staff

and one is the May 9 through June 26 pay for the staff



Double Update: I saw Reuben Kantor at the South End Baseball Little League opening day and he explained to me that all city salaries are available online. So, I stand corrected, and I thank Reuben for bringing me up to speed. I'd like to say publicly that I think Reuben is a very smart and informed guy who works for Councilor Ross and is very responsive to requests I make of him, and is helpful in explaining how things work at City Hall.

No comments: