Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pictures from the Bunker Hill Parade!





Had a great time with my mom, sister and friends marching in the Bunker Hill Parade. I have learned the great joy of handing out beads, from spending time in New Orleans. We were throwing beads to young and old, and it always puts a smile on their face.

As we were going down one street there was a bbq going on inside someone's picket fence yard. My sister threw one set of beads into the group and they cried out for "more beads please!", but we looked and they had a bunch of Menino signs tied to their fence. We said "You have the wrong signs on your fence!" and they yelled back, "we don't like him, they just paid us to put them there!" So we threw more beads!

It was a fun and amiable exchange, but as my sister and I conferred later they sure seemed serious about saying that Menino paid them to put up the signs. Then again, as a noted bead hound, some people will say anything for beads!

No comments: