Monday, September 07, 2009

Keep the calls coming!!!

I have been getting phone calls, anonymous emails, etc. from people telling me about corrupt land deals all over the City. People want me to bring these up more and more, they are really ticked off.

I was at the Labor day breakfast this morning and say Michael Flaherty and one of his supporters and they commented on what a great story it was and that I was getting good press for exposing this stuff. Then Michael's supporter says "I think there was a land deal like that over on East Third Street. Sure enough when I got home today after holding a press conference on the Land giveaway at 26 Dalrymple on site, there was a phone call from a person who told me all about the East Third Street giveaway.

Everyone wants to remain anonymous (which I do) because they are all afraid of the wrath of the Mayor. Remember, I was talking about this stuff 4 years ago and he raised my property assessment by $700,000. People aren't stupid, they know he retaliates.

The point with Flaherty is, if you know something is happening, especially in your neighborhood why doesn't anyone say or do anything about it?

"All that is required for evil to flourish if for good people to do nothing" is the famous line attributed to Burke. It is time to do something about it!

No comments: