Sunday, August 16, 2009

Why is City Hall so anti-democratic? A question to our councilors at large:

I sent the following email, I will report any response:

Dear Councilors at Large,

I'm wondering if you could let me know why the Golden Age retirement home in Charlestown recently changed its policy from allowing political candidates
to set up a time with the activities director and come and visit with the residents, to a policy of not allowing candidates to come and speak to the residents.
Bev, who is the coordinator of that program, informed us that she has been
doing this for over 20 years but for some reason the policy was changed this year at City Hall.

This seems very un democratic to me, and I'd like to know why this policy was changed and what your thoughts on it are.

Thank you,

Kevin McCrea

No comments: