Saturday, December 09, 2006

More 911

Did you hear about the guy who called the Operator and asked for the number to 911?

Anyway, to continue the conversation about 911 and the Blog poster, the Globe had a good article today about the statistics of 911. I agree with the blogger, anecdote is no way to run a government. Unfortuneately, we increasingly have a government run by anecdote, at local, state and national levels. Ronald Reagan was the master of this..."I know a family, the Billingsleys, from West Fork, Iowa, and their tax payments are going to go to X if this is enacted"

I'll never forget Sam Yoon complimenting me on my website, saying something to the effect of "Kevin all your specific proposals and outlines of ideas are great, but I don't have time for that, I just need to let people know what a good person I am". Sam wins, Kevin loses. Who is the smart one? I proffer it is Sam. There is the quandary, good government does not always equal good politics.

Anyway here is a link to the article in the Globe, with the statistics of how 911 call responses are down, and how seperate but not equal response times are the status quo in the City.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/12/09/roxbury_911_calls_get_slower_response/?page=1

No comments: