Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Mayor responds elegantly to violence riddled neighborhoods

Barry Mullin received a response from Tom Menino to the registered letter we sent him asking him to address the increased violence in a more direct manner.

The Mayor's response:

Dear Barry
Thank you for taking time to write me. I always enjoy receiving letters from people who genuinely care about their community.
I would also like to extend my thanks to you for all your thoughtful suggestions on how to reduce the recent rise in violence. Like you, I an very concerned about the situation and I am constantly working towards solutions. As my administration and I continue to work with the Boston Police Department, Business and community leaders, we will certainly keep your suggestions in mind.
Once again, thank you for writing to me. I send you my best regards,
Sincerely
Tom
The letter was dated June 29, 2006

No comments: