Wednesday, July 27, 2005

In praise of Boston Water & Sewer

It may seem as if I don't often have good things to say about city services, so I will change that today.

I received a phone call a short while ago from Boston Water and Sewer. They now have installed their SmartRead systems which electronically can tell if water usage spikes. They had found an increased usage in one of my buildings that happened to be vacant.

I went over to the building and sure enough there was a running toilet, which I tended to immediately. End of problem.

So, BW&S is using technology to save the consumer and the City at large money. I save money from not wasting water, the city saves money by not having to pay for and process more money, and it is good for the environment by not wasting water.

Thank you very much, and excellent job!!!!

kevin

No comments: