Thursday, December 10, 2009

For my Atheist Friends, A Warm Fuzzy message from my mother:

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING
>>>
>>>A message every adult should read because children
>>>are watching you and doing as you do, not as you say.
>>>
>>>When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you hang my
>>>first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately
>>>wanted to paint another one.
>>>
>>>When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a
>>>stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind
>>>to animals.
>>>
>>>When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make my
>>>favorite cake for me, and I learned that the little
>>>things can be the special things in life.
>>>
>>>When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a
>>>prayer, and I knew that there is a God I could always
>>>talk to, and I learned to trust in Him.
>>>
>>>When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make a
>>>meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I
>>>learned that we all have to help take care of each other.
>>>
>>>When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you take care
>>>of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have
>>>to take care of what we are given.
>>>
>>>When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how you
>>>handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't
>>>feel good, and I learned that I would have to be
>>>responsible when I grow up.
>>>
>>>When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come
>>>from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things
>>>hurt, but it's all right to cry.
>>>
>>>When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that you
>>>cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
>>>
>>>When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most of
>>>life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and
>>>productive person when I grow up.
>>>
>>>When you thought I wasn't looking I looked at you and
>>>wanted to say,’ Thanks for all the things I saw when
>>>you thought I wasn't looking.'
>>>
>>>I AM SENDING THIS TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE I KNOW
>>>WHO DO SO MUCH FOR OTHERS,
>>>BUT THINK THAT NO ONE EVER SEES.
>>>LITTLE EYES SEE A LOT .
>>>
>>>Each of us (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher, friend)
>>>influences the life of a child.
>>>
>>>How will you touch the life of someone today? Just by
>>>sending this to someone else, you will probably make
>>>them at least think about their influence on others.
>>>Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
>>>Speak kindly.
>>>Leave the rest to God.

No comments: