Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

I am so pleased with our results tonight. We spent less than 1% of the money spent in this race and received over 4% of the votes!

I want to thank all the people who worked for me, donated to me, and voted for me. I feel great, not a single moment wasted and I'm glad that the city is talking about eliminating the BRA, and the transparency problems at City Hall!!!

Thanks to all!

Kevin

By my rough, rough calculations in the Money spent per vote category:

Menino $25 per vote
Flaherty $26 per vote
Yoon $17 per vote
McCrea $ 4 per vote

Based on this, who would you want running your City Budget? Yoon is correct that we need campaign finance reform, too bad he wasn't talking about it for the last 4 years and introducing legislation. As usual, the candidates finished in order of money spent.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

Using number of votes counted on cityofboston.gov, and OCPF reported spending from 1/1/09 to 9/22/09, I got significantly different numbers:

McCrea spent $20,000 for 4% of the vote, or $6 per vote.

Yoon spent $740,000 for 21% of the vote, or $43 per vote.

Flaherty spent $990,000 for 24% of the vote, or $51 per vote.

Menino spent $1,680,000 for 50.5% of the vote, or $41 per vote.